Ribble Valley Jazz & Blues is a charity run by volunteers who organise a substantial portfolio of activities and events. If you like listening to great live jazz or blues, would like to join a band, would like to teach others, need to practice and improve your playing or just help organise an event, then please come and join in.
Our events are held mainly in and around the Clitheroe area attracting a wide interest from musicians and audiences across the north of England, the UK, and internationally, particularly for our annual jazz festival. For full details and information on current activities and forthcoming events visit: www.rvjazzandblues.co.uk
Main activities include:
- An annual five day jazz festival over May Day Bank Holiday weekend attracting top UK and International musicians and bands. See our festival website, rvjazzfestival.co.uk and social media for more info.
- Monthly jazz gigs with well known UK bands.
- Supporting up-and-coming new local singers, musicians and bands.
- Organising two bands – the Ribble Valley Jazz Big Band and BluFunk Syndicate.
- Promoting regular jazz sessions in Clitheroe and Ribble Valley villages.
- Workshops and training sessions for budding musicians and for experienced one’s too.
We are supported by a range of partners from Clitheroe Town Council, the Ribble Valley Borough Council, The Grand (Clitheroe), many venues and local businesses including invaluable support from the Arts Council of England.
Sign up to our monthly free newsletter to find out what’s going on, read interesting articles about jazz and blues and listen to playlists.
Email us at: email@example.com